Friday, March 22, 2013

The Best Treatment For Postpartum Depression - St Johns Wort


So you're a new mother and suffering from feelings of sadness, worthlessness, and despair? You are most likely a victim of Postnatal Depression/Postpartum Depression (PND and PPD). Postpartum depression is a highly common disease that affects one in every five new mothers. If left untreated the symptoms of postnatal depression can change your personality forever.

When I was dealing with PPD my doctor advised me to jump onto prescription anti-depressants. I was very much against this course of action. I did not know how I would react to these strong medication. They all seemed to have a high risk of dependency. I also did not like the idea of being all looped up on drugs while caring for my first newborn child.

I turned to the internet for help; I found a lot of great information out there in books and journals. I found stories of hundreds of other women who were going through exactly what I was. With the combination of the remedies I found online I was able to completely stop suffering from my postnatal depression symptoms.

The most influential thing I believe to aid in my quest to be happy again was St. Johns Wort. St. Johns Wort is a natural plant related to the mint family. Considered a weed in most of America, for thousands of years people have used to plant to help battle depression. Recently medical studies have shown that it can be as effective as prescription anti-depressants but with less cases of side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment