Bach Flower Therapy is a wonderful way to treat temper tantrums in children. Bach Flower remedies are very effective is supporting a child feels frustrated and irritable. Babies and children develop mentally before they develop physically. This leads to annoyance and irritation because the child wants to do something he is not mature enough to accomplish it.
Bach Flower Therapy is a branch of Homeopathic Medicine that uses highly diluted natural substances to stimulate the body to health itself. It offers a way to assist the body to gain balance and achieve optimal state of health at the mental and emotional level. Bach Flower Essences are remedies made using edible flowers and thus are non toxic and suitable for children of all ages.
When treating temper tantrums with Bach Flower Therapy, the most specific remedy or remedies should be selected according to the child's individual needs. In order for Bach Flower Therapy to be effective, it should be continued for a period of four to six weeks or even months depending on how deep the imbalance is. The recommended dosage for a Bach Flower Therapy course of treatment is from drops taken under the tongue four times a day away from meals.
The following are instructions on how to prepare a treatment bottle for Bach Flower Therapy.
You will need the following:
1. Bach Flower Remedies.
2. One amber empty amber bottle with eye dropper of 30 ml (treatment bottle).
3. Brandy, glycerine, or vinegar as preservative (optional).
4. Spring water.
Select the appropriate Bach Remedy and add two drops of each onto the treatment bottle.
1. Select the Bach Remedy Impatiens for the child that gets restless and has no patience. The child needing this remedy wants things to happen quickly and get into a temper tantrum when things do not happen fast enough for him.
2. Select the Bach Remedy Vervain if the child is over-excited and cannot calm himself down. This remedy helps those children that are eager to learn and become very enthusiastic about everything are always on the go and never sit still. When he cannot achieve what they want, they lose their temper. They also tend to keep ongoing when very tired and find ways to self simulate themselves. In the end they become so tired that putting out a temper tantrum is another way to keep themselves going.
3. Select the Bach Remedy Beech if the child becomes very intolerant of his own clumsiness and lack of skill. He gets upset if you try to comfort him or if you try to show them how to do it.
4. Select the Bach Remedy Vine if the child is strong-minded and likes to dominate others and gets into a temper tantrum when cannot get his way.
5. Select the Bach Remedy Chicory for the child that becomes very annoying and need constant attention.
6. Select the Bach Remedy Holly if the child manifests temper tantrums as a result of anger toward a sibling or a parent.
7. Select the Bach Remedy Cherry Plum when the child is really out of control.
Once you have added two drops of each selected remedy, add 1 ml of Brandy, glycerine, or vinegar to preserve the combination of Bach Flower Essences in the treatment bottle. This step is optional. If you prefer you can keep the treatment bottle in the fridge. A treatment bottle will last 3-4 weeks.
Make sure to keep it in a dark, dry, place at room temperature. also avoid keeping your treatment bottle near a computer, TV, cell phone, microwave oven, etc.
If in doubt consult a Homeopath, a Naturopath or a Bach Flower Therapy practitioner near you. Please understand that Bach Flower Therapy is not meant to substitute the advice of a medical practitioner but to work in a complementary fashion.