Once a couple is married, it is natural to expect they will have a baby or babies. Today, late marriages are the norm rather than an exception and this has affected conception. It is not a routine to get pregnant within a few months of being married. That is easy for those who marry young. However, due to changed lifestyles, even the younger couples may face delays in conceiving. While factors like stress, exercises, overall health and environment affect conception, food is just as important. The right diet will aid conception by boosting fertility. At the same time, couples planning to have children would do well to avoid alcohol, drugs and smoking and plan a diet to aid conception.
Before planning about how to get pregnant take care of the stress factor, relax, engage in some mind-body calming and rejuvenation techniques like yoga, modify the environment to be more calming and importantly, choose the right kinds of food to boost fertility. Here are a few:
- Eat only organic foods devoid of pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and preservatives.
- Try to concentrate on eating whole grain foods instead of food made from refined flour.
- Eat food rich in zinc, folic acid and vitamin B group
- Take in as much as you can of organically grown vegetables and fruits every day.
- Take care to drink plenty of water to keep all the cells of your body sufficiently hydrated.
- Maintain blood sugar levels by eating small portions spread through the day.
- Foods containing caffeine affect fertility-reduce their intake.
- Eat foods rich in fiber and protein, balanced with carbohydrates and fats in the form of seeds and nuts.
- Selenium rich foods such as sunflower seeds and tuna are good anti-oxidants and aid male fertility.
- Oysters, pumpkin seeds and nuts are a source of zinc, essential for fertility and to ensure sperm is healthy.
- Vitamin B6 from beans, eggs and fish balances hormone levels in the body.
- Vitamin B12 from egg yolk, cheese and mutton helps increase sperm count and cellular reproduction.
- Vitamin C from fruits like oranges and from tomatoes is essential for sperm count and motility.
- Vitamin E from almonds and other nuts and oils helps sperm motility and retards ageing.
- Eat foods rich in iron and folic acid that help ovulation and enhance fertility. Try to eat fruit and vegetables that contain iron and folic acid rather than meats.
- Insulation in women is related to fertility and pregnancy. Maintain insulin levels the right way by proper diet and get pregnant easily.
For women to be fertile and get pregnant easily, it is essential to have the minimum body weight according to their height. Women planning to become pregnant should eat a diet that will maintain optimum weight aiding in conception. Too much or too little weight mars her chances of pregnancy. Eating the right foods in the right proportions boosts her fertility and helps her to get pregnant easily and naturally.