Unlike the common notion that pregnancy is a breeze as proven by the high number of teenage pregnancies every year, many couples do not actually succeed after the first attempt at conception. Furthermore, the number of couples who are faced with conception problems is numerable with stories abounding the Internet.
If you have been trying for many months to have a baby to no avail, you can try these tips and tricks to increase chances of getting pregnant:
1) Mark your date of ovulation by using an ovulation prediction kit and calendar method.
2) Do not practice douching. Aside from decreasing your chances of getting pregnant, it can cause health problems such as overgrowth of harmful bacteria and fungi.
3) Take vitamins and minerals. Add herbal supplements to the mix such as ginseng and royal jelly. There are many supplements that can increase chances of getting pregnant.
4) Be physically active to keep your hormones at bay and to stay stress-free. However, do not overdo this as it will bring about negative effects instead.
5) Have sexual intercourse every other day; better if you time this to be at least one to two days before ovulation. Have fun when having sex and use positions which will facilitate the deposition of sperm as close to your cervix as possible, such as the missionary and doggie-style positions.
6) After having sex, you can also raise your hips and lie down for a bit to aid the sperm's travel toward the fallopian tube. It is quite normal to have the semen spill from your vagina, and this does not affect the outcome in any way.