Friday, November 29, 2013

Nutrisystem Celebrity Diet - How Easy Was it For Jillian Barberie and Marie Osmond to Lose Weight?


I know what you are probably thinking when you see the photos of Jillian Barberie in a bikini or Marie Osmond wearing a dress with a cinched, tiny waist, because I think the same thing. Both women have lost over 40 pounds on the Nutrisystem program. And, I want so badly to be happy for and inspired by them. Really, I do. But sometimes I can't help thinking that these celebrities probably have chefs and trainers and all kinds of folks to help them through this - which are luxuries that I just don't have.

But, one recent day after I had a particularly nice weigh in myself, I started to think about this a little more deeply. The truth is, no chef is needed to prepare nutriystem food. You are really only assembling it and this takes about two minutes. If you can use a microwave and blender, this is all you really need.

Now, everyone saw Marie Osmond shaking it on "Dancing With The Stars," so we know she had a strenuous work out regimen. Jillian Barberie has said that she never really worked out until she had trouble losing postpartum weight following the birth of her baby. So, she did take up power walking and lifting weights, and if you've seen the photos of her in a bikini, you know that she's been quite successful. She's thin all right, but she's also very toned.

Admittedly, it's really easy to look at these celebrities and feel a slight bit of envy and discomfort. But, if you think about it, it really comes down to eating less calories and carbs (Nutrisystem takes care of this and the "celebrities" have no advantage here, as we all eat the same food) and moving our bodies more.

Sure, Marie Osmond got to have all kinds on fun on "Dancing With The Stars" and Jillian made friends with some hand weights, but couldn't we normal folks also work out more? If we enjoy dancing, we shouldn't need "Dancing With The Stars" to dance a mean mambo. If we'd like to hit the weights like Jillian, we can do so pretty easily. Hand weights are readily available and quite cheap.

I think the major difference is that celebrities are being watched and are therefore under intense pressure to follow the plan to the letter in order to succeed. If I am honest with myself, this kind of immediate pressure would likely kick up my efforts.

So, maybe it is not the celebrity pampering we need to emulate, but the spotlight. Because, if I knew someone was going to be zooming a tight lens in on my body for all the world to see, I'd be much more motivated to get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment