Thursday, January 23, 2014

Postpartum Belly - The Secret to Getting Rid of the Leftover Ugly Baby Belly Mush


So you think you've tried everything to get rid of that postpartum belly? Or maybe, it all seems so overwhelming - the new baby, no time to yourself, the constant fast food cravings - that you haven't even had time to even think about getting back into shape. Well, there is an answer - keep reading for the secret to getting rid of that leftover ugly baby belly mush!

I was in your shoes once, and I was truly desperate to try anything. I was lucky enough to find someone who had gone through the same thing I had, and even luckier that she was a fitness expert and led me to the secret to getting rid of my postpartum belly. So read on - because this is my story...

Postpartum belly can be a so embarrassing, especially if you used to look pretty good in a bikini, but I was just so excited to be a mom and had such a wonderful experience with my first child, that I decided I wanted to do it a second time. My belly never fully recovered from my first baby, so needless to say, it was horribly out of shape after my second time around!

Now, I need for you understand that before I had my kids I used to be in decent shape. I worked out, ate okay, and wore cute outfits. I was okay with wearing a bikini, and felt pretty good about myself even when I had on only my undies. But after the kids - no way. In fact, I had to "tuck" my belly in every time I sat down - seriously - every time I would sit down, there was this blob of skin that would just flop over my waistband. So, I would sit, and then try to inconspicuously tug on the front of my jeans so this roll of blob would tuck in.

The worst part was every time I would bend over. My belly fat would literally hang down loosely, it was made even worse if I tried to suck it in. I absolutely hated it and I totally hid this from my husband.

I know what you're thinking - "just workout and diet" - right? Well, the problem was I WAS A MOM. I didn't have time to go to the gym - are you kidding? If I had that much time to myself, I certainly wasn't going to spend it at the gym! No, I barely had 15 minutes at a time to myself. One of the kids was always needing something, there were errands to run, chores to do around the house, a husband who helped, but needed me too. So going to the gym - especially on a regular basis - was out of the question

So I took a look at some of the popular diet and exercise programs to try and get rid of my belly fat - Body for Life,The Firm, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig - you name it. Now I'm not saying these programs weren't any good - it's just that they didn't work for me as a new mom. Plus, my family usually didn't like the foods I had to eat to stay on these diet programs - so I would have to fix one meal for them and another one for me - this sucked. It was then I realized that what I really needed was a workout and diet program created especially for BUSY MOMS!

I started wondering if this type of workout and diet program even existed. And then I found it - a program built around a busy mom's lifestyle and getting rid of the postpartum belly. It's based on "interval training" or something called "short burst cardio" - a 15 minute workout that is supposed to be intense and effective. The program itself is totally geared toward busy moms, their families, and their schedules.

It was created by fitness expert Holly Rigsby. After she had her children, she came to the realization that a workout for someone who has had children needed to be different than regular workouts and it needed to focus on specific areas. This sounded exactly like what I was looking for, so I decided to give it a try and include my story in a blog I wrote. Here are the Pros and Cons I came up with while using this program:

PROS:

-This program is built specifically for women who have had children. It includes meal plans, and food ideas that include the rest of your family. The meals also use foods that are "fat burners" so what you eat actually helps you lose weight. I really liked this because I got to focus on EATING rather than NOT EATING.

-The workouts are SHORT - my favorite part about the workouts is that they are designed for busy moms. They can be done in 15 minute increments! Seriously, that is less time than it would take me to run an errand. I could do the workouts while my kids took a quick nap or watched a quick cartoon. She uses workouts that include "interval training" which is what does the trick.

-The workouts could be done in my home - no gym, no expensive equipment - just my floor and some basic exercise stuff.

-And lastly, the program included additional support. There are support emails sent to you, a forum where you can chat with other moms going through the same thing you are, a club you can join, and additional information sent to you regularly to keep you updated on the most up-to-date news, tips, and advice on workouts, diet, and the program.

CONS:

Okay, I wish I could say this system is perfect - but nothing ever is. It's just minimal stuff though - you will need to purchase an exercise ball - you know the big round ball that you can do ab stuff on and also you will need some small weights. But, I figured if I was going to get into shape - I would be using this stuff no matter what routine I was following - so it was worth it to me, plus you can find this stuff pretty cheap at your local WallyMart.

CONCLUSION:

I began to see results right away, and it wasn't long before I could actually see ab muscles peeking through - I didn't have those even before I was pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment