Pregnancy and childbirth can make moms-to-be swing between euphoria and anxiety in turns. Getting as much information as you can and keeping yourself well informed about the changes in your body, the right pregnancy diet plan, pregnancy exercise, kind of childbirth etc. can help you enjoy this wonderful time in your life with confidence.
Here are ten tips to motivate you:
1. Be well informed, reading books and articles. Watch videos to know the changes in your body, as your baby grows inside you. Communicate with friends, family and other pregnant women to listen to their own experiences about pregnancy and childbirth. This will reassure you. Enroll for early pregnancy childbirth classes.
2. Now is the time to think about whether you want hospital childbirth, go to a birthing center or have your baby at home. Your doctor can help you decide. Discussing this in advance will boost your confidence.
3. Work on your pregnancy diet plan now. Refer to the nutrition guide for pregnant women, which recommends drinking more milk and adding extra protein to your diet. Add more fresh fruits and vegetables. Get your doctor to prescribe a prenatal vitamin with folic acid. Drink plenty of water and switch to fresh fruit juice.
4. Now is the time to drop your smoking habit. Also consider avoiding alcohol and drug use. If you are on any medication, talk to your doctor about what to do.
5. Be active. With the advice of your doctor, you might want to adopt a pregnancy exercise regimen that includes yoga, swimming, walking etc.
6. Work in sufficient rest via short breaks through the day. You may also want to sleep a little longer than usual.
7. Enjoy the feeling of your baby inside you and establish an early bond as you chat with your baby. According to studies, babies respond to your touch as early as from the tenth week of pregnancy. Now is the time to pick out your favorite music and share it with your baby.
8. Avoid allowing stress to develop and learn how to tackle them, should such a situation arise. Deep breathing and relaxation techniques are all useful ways to de-stress.
9. Make a note of all the questions you have about pregnancy and childbirth and your pregnancy diet plan. Consider enrolling for Lamaze classes that can help you understand the right positions, movements etc. through labor.
10. Make the most of this lovely time, feeling confident as your baby grows.
Pregnancy and childbirth are a memorable time in your life. Be happy, be informed and give birth to a healthy baby.