Remember the nightmare back in puberty when you would wake up in the morning, go into the bathroom to brush your teeth and get ready for school and suddenly when you looked into the mirror you had a new zit or a bunch of new zits? Well if you didn't have that problem be grateful for you are one of the lucky few. Your skin may have cleared up since then but when you become pregnant that nightmare of acne may come creeping back due to the crazy hormone changes in your body. Relax, there are a few things you can do to help minimize the acne.
- Wash your face twice a day but make sure that you use a gentle cleanser. Using a cleanser that is not gentle can dry out your skin and make the acne worse.
- Always pat your skin dry after washing it instead of rubbing it so your skin does not become agitated.
- Moisturize your face after each wash but use oil-free moisturizers.
- You will probably want to wear some kind of cover-up makeup to hide the help the acne that you currently have. If so, use water-based makeup rather than oil-based. Always remember to wash your makeup off before going to bed so it doesn't settle into your pores over night.
- I know it is tempting to pop or squeeze your whiteheads but that will just aggravate your skin and worse it can lead to permanent scarring.
- Stay away from prescription products like Accutane while you are pregnant because the ingredients can be harmful to your baby.
While pregnancy acne is not pretty and not fun to experience it will only last during a few months of your pregnancy and the birth of your baby will make every zit worthwhile.