No matter which trimester you are in, it is never reassuring to experience abdominal pains during pregnancy. In contradiction to general belief, the fact that you have pains around your abdominal area is not necessarily indicative of a looming negative issue - it does not mean that there is something wrong with your baby. Abdominal pain can occur as a result of heartburn, gas, your baby's position or constipation among other things. It is always recommended that you alert your health care provider concerning any unusual sensations you may feel. Nevertheless, you should also help yourself by discovering ways in which you can help alleviate these abdominal pains. This article will expose 6 ways you can avoid pregnancy pains.
1. Pay attention to triggers. Pains don't just happen, they are your body's reaction to discomfort or some other issue. One of the most effective ways to avoid these pregnancy pains is to develop the ability of accurately determining what may be the most probably cause of such pain in the first place. For example; if you discover that your abdominal pains occur mostly after meals, you should try to examine what you eat so that you can determine how your body is reacting towards it. You may be surprised that what you are eating may actually be responsible for those pains due to the fact that it is causing you heartburn or gas. You should modify your diet if you discover that it is responsible for the pain.
2. To relieve the pain, you could attempt to bend your body towards the area where the pain is most intense. Doing so could help release a knot of gas that has built up in an area. You will often times be able to ease the pain by doing something as simple as shifting towards the pain or area of discomfort.
3. Staying fit and performing regular exercise routines is a common way to lessen the intensity of pregnancy pains. You should endeavor to engage your body in moderate exercises while you are pregnant. You could also take light walks and so on. Ensure that your health care provider is notified about any exercise routine you intend to undertake so that you can be sure that will be appropriate for you and your baby.
4. Something as simple as your choice of clothes can cause you to experience pains during pregnancy. You should try to wear loose, comfortable clothing. Avoid tight-fitting clothes as they have been reported by many pregnant women to trigger pregnancy pains. You should consider putting on loose-fitting clothes especially when you are going to bed.
5. You could also apply moderate heat to the area. You could utilize a heating pad and apply it directly onto the area where the pain is occurring. This should help ease the pain and get you comfortable again. Ensure that the heat is warm and only apply it for intervals of a few minutes.
6. Sit down. When you are attempting to ease your abdominal pain, you should try and take a seat; this is really easy to do particularly if the pain occurs while you are on your feet. After a few minutes the pain should pass allowing you to continue what you were doing.