If you want to become pregnant, you'll be very pleased to know that there are fertility superfoods that can help boost your odds when trying to conceive. If you are trying to become pregnant, it's so important to eat right regularly and to fill your diet with vitamin and nutrient rich foods. Having a healthy diet also prepares your body to welcome conception and have a healthy baby. While it's true that some people have no trouble conceiving even when on a junk food diet, if you are having trouble conceiving for some time now, you should want to do everything possible to ensure a healthy pregnancy. You'll be doing your own body and your baby a favor.
So if you want to become pregnant faster, here's a list of fertility foods that you should regularly eat:
1. Load up on foods rich in calcium as it helps to make strong bones.
2. Also fill your diet with raw and organic foods. Limit your intake of commercially available foods as they are laden with harmful additives and preservatives which can hamper your reproductive system to function optimally.
3. Tea is a wonderful fertility booster. Try orange pekoe and green tea. Countless research have shown that women who drink tea on a regular basis increase their chances of becoming pregnant.
4. Folic acid and vitamin B6 are also essential to ensure a healthy pregnancy. Nuts, leafy green vegetables, and whole grains are rich in vitamin B6. This important fertility vitamin helps regulate the reproductive hormones and folic acid helps prevent numerous infant defects.
5. Vitamin C boosts the immune system and plays a big role in ensuring a healthy pregnancy. Eat lots of fruits that are rich in this vitamin.
6. Water is one of the most essential fertility superfoods to consume. It helps your body eliminate all toxins the natural way, and helps maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Here is a list of foods to avoid if you are trying to get pregnant:
1. Processed foods; also referred to as junk food and sweets, contain increased amounts of refined flour and sugar. They are not beneficial at all and add nothing to contribute to conception, except for the wrong kind of weight gain. Give pregnancy a good start by avoiding these foods.
2. Avoid seafood containing mercury. Mercury has been linked with some serious birth defects like autism.
It's high time you face the facts - your baby will depend on you for nutrition, and al the foods you eat will largely determine whether or not you will have a healthy baby. Play it smart by learning how to become pregnant naturally.