While most women are worried about what they can do to help in their efforts to get pregnant they don't tend to focus on the male until pregnancy does not seem to be happening easily. But women should be focusing on the male just as much as themselves when trying to get pregnant - after all, they do supply the sperm that have a big part in deciding whether you get pregnant at all! So men need to let their women know that they are doing all they can to help her get pregnant.
One thing men need to do is pay attention to their sperm. Sperm are continuously produced in the testicles all day and every day. What this means is that if a man does not ejaculate them at some point then the sperm that have been collecting in the testicles will age, and the older they get the smaller the chance they will be able to do their job properly.
With that in mind you may want to get rid of the old sperm through ejaculation about a week before the woman's ovulation and wait to have sex until ovulation is supposed to be occurring. This way you will be ensuring that the strongest and youngest sperm are present at the right time, and that you give yourself some time to build up some more sperm before ovulation so that you have the most available sperm to deposit during ovulation as well, because even though sperm are produced everyday they do take a while to build an army.
During ovulation only have sex one time per day. This will give you a chance to build up your sperm as much as possible every day as opposed to continuously ejaculating them out.
Some other things men can do to help prepare for conception are:
- Wear loose fitting-clothes around their testicles.
- Sleep naked at night and give everything a chance to breath and work properly.
- Stay away from the heat including Jacuzzis and hot tubs which may affect both the amount of and strength of the sperm on hand.
- Stay away from all the things that can affect the health of their sperm like drugs, alcohol, and other chemicals that can harm the sperm and potentially cause issues with the baby because of the unhealthy sperm.
- Make sure to deposit the sperm as close to the cervix as possible. This means doing some deep penetration positions during sex like from behind or even missionary. (Yes sperm know where they are going but giving them an extra chance to get there won't hurt!)
Men have a huge part to play in the process of getting pregnant and they need to prepare their bodies just as much as the women do in order to have a quick, healthy pregnancy.