Every woman is worn out after giving birth to her newborn baby. The nine months of pregnancy are tiring especially for a new mother, and she must have adequate rest after her delivery. Taking care of a newborn demands a lot of patience, expertise and constant work. It is really difficulty to cope up with all this pressure especially during the post natal period and this could lead to postnatal depression. This is why every mother should have someone to take care of her and in the absence of a suitable family member, avail confinement nanny services so that she can properly take care of the baby and herself.
The following tips will help you in the process.
* Hiring a confinement nanny should be done before the first trimester is over. This is because many people avail this facility and bookings need to be made in advance. If you don't start early, you will not be able to get a good confinement lady. Also you need plenty of rest in the ending weeks of pregnancy, so you cannot afford to go through such a rigorous process at a later stage and you don't want to have to settle for just anybody.
* Contact your relatives and friends. There will be at least some mothers who have availed the services of a confinement nanny. You can ask them to recommend someone to you who is well aware of confinement duties and practices and benefited greatly from it
* Experience is key in this field because she can be a great help to you. Not only will she be able to take care of the baby and you, but will manage other household duties side by side. She can also give you very useful tips on how to manage time between your husband and the new member of the family so that nobody gets neglected.
* When you have selected a confinement nanny, thoroughly brief her about her duties and let her know your expected date so that she can arrive at your house before the baby does. Observe how she responds to your questions, is she patient and detailed in explaining? Does she brushes off what you ask? A good nanny
* Most importantly, see if you feel comfortable with her. A lot of things can be said and promised to seal the job but you wouldn't know until your confinement starts. There are cases where confinement ladies are confirmed for a job over the phone from a recommendation from a friend only to realize later that it wasn't so 'good' a recommendation. Everyone's expectations are different so it is advisable to meet her in person and gauge the affinity. And always trust your gut instinct, it goes a long way.
If you don't hire a good confinement lady, then she can be more of a burden rather than a help. Usually if you treat her well and not like your maid, she would also treat you and your baby lovingly. So follow these tips and you should have a well-rested and enjoyable confinement and not troubled with the arrival of the new baby which should always be a great blessing.