Tuesday, November 12, 2013

4 Healthy Pregnancy Diet Tricks To Help You and Your Baby To Be Happy!


I have a few really good healthy information tips to share with you. Hi, my name is Karen Phoenix. Thanks to this information I went through my pregnancy complication free and I just recently gave birth to my gorgeous son.

Before I became pregnant I taught myself all about the right kind of nutrition to keep myself and my baby very healthy. It's been around 6 weeks since I gave birth and I am getting back to my pre-baby weight. Here are 4 of my best healthy pregnant diet tips that I learned.

1. Bad pregnancy cravings are unhealthy for you and your baby. Healthy pregnant diet tip #1 is about pregnancy cravings. Pregnancy food cravings are messages from your body telling you about deficiencies that your body is going through. Succumbing to these cravings can lead to unhealthy weight gain. Salty and sweet foods are the most common of the pregnancy cravings. Do yourself a favor and replace your unhealthy craving for something that your body is really deficient in.

2. Make Sure You Get Enough Omega 3 and Iron. Healthy pregnant diet tip #two is about two important supplements. Omega 3 fats is the one prenatal supplementation that will be working and helping your baby learn and grow long after his due date. Researchers have even found that infants who were born to mothers that had higher levels of DHA in their system had an advantage over babies who did not. You can get Omega 3's from eating beans, flax seed, walnuts, and wild fish (not farm raised).

Iron is very good because it is what makes your blood carry more oxygen through your body. Iron is something that most women are already deficient in. So you need to make sure that you are getting at least 30-50 mg every day. Your unborn child depends on you to get enough Iron to help him build his red blood cells. Foods that contain iron are: lentils, natural beef, beans, pumpkin seeds, and green veggies.

3. Sugar and Fake Sugars. Healthy pregnant diet tip #3 is about pregnancy and sugars. First lets talk about substitutes like aspartame, saccarhin and Splenda. None of these are healthy for you. They are all made using chemicals that are not natural or healthy for you or your baby.

If you are using raw sugar or Agave syrup, than you are doing good. If not, then you are using refined sugars. Refined sugar is bad for everyone, as it can cause tooth decay, gum disease, excess and rapid weight gain as well can reduce your bodies immunity. Keeping your blood sugars normal will also help to keep away of gestational diabetes.

4. Exercise During Pregnancy. Healthy pregnant diet tip #four is about the importance of exercise during pregnancy. Exercise is vital to your body and can help keep away many pregnancy symptoms like fatigue and mood swings. I know that when you are super tired, the last thing you think you can do is exercise...but trust me, once you get started, you will be glad you did.

Getting 4 or 5 days of exercise every week will greatly improve how good you sleep and can make you feel a lot better during the day. Exercising while you are pregnant is imperative to help get your blood flowing to your baby and is also an excellent stress reliever.

I hope that these healthy pregnancy diet tips will help you as much as they helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment